Due to our recent expansion we have an opportunity to take on apprentice cabinetmakers to join our team.
Ideal apprentice furniture cabinetmaker candidates will have a high level of attention to detail, be motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude
These positions are based at our workshop in Felsted, Essex and you will be joining a talented team of experienced cabinetmakers who have years of experience making bespoke kitchens.
As a cabinetmaker apprentice you will learn the following skills:
- Setting up and operating a variety of woodworking machines and using various hand tools to fabricate wooden cabinets and high-grade furniture;
- How to study blueprints and drawings of articles that are to be constructed or repaired;
- How to plan sequences of cutting or shaping operations to be performed;
- Marking outlines or dimension of parts on paper or lumber stock, according to blueprint or drawing specifications;
- Matching materials for colour, grain, or texture;
- Setting up and operating woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers, tenoners, molders, and shapers, to cut and shape parts from woodstock;
- Trimming component parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files;
- How to bore holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine;
- How to glue, fit, and clamp parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine;
- Sanding and scraping surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing;
- Repairing high-grade articles of furniture;
- Installing hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls; and
- How to repair equipment, and fixtures.
If you are interested in a career as a cabinetmaker, please send your CV and a short covering email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us on 01371 821300 for further information.