Humphrey Munson makes award-winning beautiful handmade kitchens and cabinetry for the rest of the home. As the company continues to expand, we are looking for a full-time Design Assistant to join the design team at our head office in Felsted, Essex.
The role of Design Assistant will involve the following:
- Liaising with clients by email and telephone as well as attending client meetings when necessary;
- Producing CAD drawings of plans and elevations;
- Revising drawings and helping to hand over clients to project management;
- Managing and making appointments with clients; and
- General administration.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has studied art, design, architecture or a design-led subject at degree level and preference will be given to these individuals. The successful candidate will have a keen interest in interior design and will aspire to become a kitchen designer. We have a close tight-knit team in the design studio so we need someone who has a positive, motivated and proactive attitude and also enjoys working as part of a team.
The following specific skills are required:
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; and
- Excellent time management and the ability to work efficiently and effectively under pressure.
40 hours per week (please do not apply if you cannot commit to 40 hours per week). Competitive salary.
If you’d like to apply for this role, we would love to hear from you. Please send a short covering letter and your CV by email to Louisa to firstname.lastname@example.org.