We are currently hiring cabinetmakers to join our award-winning HM team.
Ideal cabinetmaker candidates will have a high level of attention to detail, be motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude. Our workshops are based in Felsted, Essex and you will be joining a talented team of experienced cabinetmakers who have years of experience making bespoke kitchens.
Humphrey Munson is a small tight knit company with the spirit of meritocracy at our core. Each member of the team plays an essential role in the smooth running of the company through design to manufacturing and finally to installation.
We are proud to be a British manufacturer using traditional joinery techniques to produce our award-winning kitchens. Ideal candidates will be required to undertake the following work:
- Set up and operation of a variety of woodworking machines and use various hand tools to fabricate wooden cabinets and high-grade furniture;
- Study blueprints and drawings of articles to be constructed or repaired;
- Plan sequence of cutting or shaping operations to be performed;
- Mark outline or dimension of parts on paper or lumber stock, according to blueprint or drawing specifications;
- Match materials for colour, grain, or texture;
- Set up and operation of woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointer, mortiser, tenoner, molder, and shaper, to cut and shape parts from woodstock;
- Trim component parts of joints to ensure snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files;
- Bore holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine;
- Glue, fit, and clamp parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine;
- Sand and scrape surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing;
- Repair high-grade articles of furniture;
- Install hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls; and
- Repair equipment and fixtures.
This is a full time role. Please note our workshop operates from Monday-Friday 8am-4pm.
Benefits include pension and gym on-site.
If you are interested in joining Humphrey Munson as a cabinetmaker, please send your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us on 01371 821300 for further information.