We are currently hiring trainee cabinetmakers to join our award-winning HM team.
Ideal trainee cabinetmaker candidates will have a high level of attention to detail, be motivated, proactive and have a positive attitude. Our workshops are based in Felsted, Essex and you will be joining a talented team of experienced cabinetmakers who have years of experience making bespoke kitchens.
Humphrey Munson is a small tight knit company with the spirit of meritocracy at our core. Each member of the team plays an essential role in the smooth running of the company through design to manufacturing and finally to installation.
We are proud to be a British manufacturer using traditional joinery techniques to produce our award-winning kitchens and want to invest in our future and that of the industry as a whole by taking on apprentices who will be the master cabinetmakers of the future.
As a trainee cabinetmaker you will learn the following skills:
- Setting up and operating a variety of woodworking machines and using various hand tools to fabricate wooden cabinets and high-grade furniture;
- How to study blueprints and drawings of articles that are to be constructed or repaired;
- How to plan sequences of cutting or shaping operations to be performed;
- Marking outlines or dimension of parts on paper or lumber stock, according to blueprint or drawing specifications;
- Matching materials for colour, grain, or texture;
- Setting up and operating woodworking machines, such as power saws, jointers, mortisers, tenoners, molders, and shapers, to cut and shape parts from woodstock;
- Trimming component parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files;
- How to bore holes for insertion of screws or dowels by hand or using boring machine;
- How to glue, fit, and clamp parts and subassemblies together to form complete unit, using clamps or clamping machine;
- Sanding and scraping surfaces and joints of articles to prepare articles for finishing;
- Repairing high-grade articles of furniture;
- Installing hardware, such as hinges, catches, and drawer pulls; and
- How to repair equipment and fixtures.
This is a full time role. Please note our workshop operates from Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Benefits include pension and gym on-site.
If you are interested in joining Humphrey Munson as a cabinetmaker, please send your CV to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact us on 01371 821300 for further information.