This apple spiced bourbon is quick to make but tastes unreal. Make at least three days ahead for the ingredients to infuse and reap the rewards with the taste that follows. This is the Autumnal drink that can be enjoyed on its own over ice whilst sat by a warm fire, or with a mixer on bonfire night with friends. How you choose to enjoy it is up to you, here’s how we made it.
I N G R E D I E N T S
1 Full bottle of your favourite bourbon (preferably a rye rather than a whisky if you can)
1 Large cinnamon stick broken into three pieces
1 Vanilla pod left whole
1 Granny Smith apple finely sliced
1 Clean jar large enough for all of the above
M E T H O D
1. Pour the Bourbon into the jar and add the finely sliced apple. Make sure the apple is fully covered with liquid.
2. Add the cinnamon stick pieces and vanilla pod before giving the mixture a good shake.
3. Place the jar in a cool dark place to infuse together.
4. Give it a little agitation 1-2 times a day. After day two it should smell incredible.
5. By day three it should be perfect but if it smells like it needs more time, 4 days will be fine. Trust your tastebuds.
Serve on its own, with a mixer or add to warm cider for a spiked autumnal treat.