We celebrated World Egg Day in our Felsted showroom today and thought we’d share this recipe with you – it’s a real gem. We used the dual control AGA in our Longford kitchen, but you could easily use a regular oven and hob instead.
I N G R E D I E N T S
4 bagels, sliced in half horizontally
1/2 lime, juiced
Pinch chilli flakes
12 rashers streaky bacon
1 tbsp olive oil
4 free range eggs
M E T H O D
1. Cut away some of the centre of the bagels to make space for the egg.
2. Mash the avocado with the lime juice and a little salt and pepper. Stir in the chilli flakes and set aside.
3. Put the bacon on the lined tray and bake or grill until crispy and brown.
4. Meanwhile, over a high heat toast the cut sides of the 4 bagel bases for 1-2 minutes, until golden on the hotter AGA plate. Remove and spread with the guacamole.
5. Place the top of the bagel onto the simmer plate, on the bake-o-glide and carefully break an egg into it.
6. Put the lid down and let it cook for about 5 minutes or until the egg is cooked.
7. Put 3 bacon rashers on each base, then sandwich with the eggy bagel top and season.