Chicken Milanese Recipe
This is our version of Chicken Milanese which we cooked in the Lacanche Chalonnais in our Felsted showroom. We had the choice of cooking it in either the convection or static oven and chose the convection – it turned out perfectly! If you want a more garlicky version add a clove of crushed garlic to the egg mixture below…
2 x 150g skinless free-range chicken breasts
100g plain flour
2 large free-range eggs
2 slices bread
30g Parmesan cheese
Small handful of basil and parsley
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180C / 350F. Place the chicken breasts on a board and cover with a double layer of clingfilm. Bash with a rolling pin or saucepan to flatten them to approximately 5mm thick.
2. Tip the flour into a large bowl and season with salt and pepper. Next crack and beat the eggs in a second bowl.
3. In a mixer, add the bread, add the grated Parmesan, then mix to combine. Add the herbs and blitz quickly.
4. Coat the chicken in the flour, then the egg and finally in the cheesy herby breadcrumbs, until thoroughly coated.
5. Place carefully in a ovenware dish or baking tray and drizzle with olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes until crispy and golden.