Packed full of protein and essential nutrients, salmon is the perfect brain food. This tried and tested recipe with a gluten free herb crust, sweet potato chips and steamed broccoli with parmesan is the perfect candidate to feed a hungry crowd after a busy day. And it’s quick too!
I N G R E D I E N T S
2 x large sweet potatoes
2 x slices of Gluten free bread
Handful fresh tarragon
4 x fresh salmon fillet
2 x packs of tenderstem broccoli
Handful of freshly grated parmesan or pecorino
Salt and pepper
M E T H O D
1. Pre-head the fan oven at 180C.
2. Cut the sweet potato into thin-ish strips and place on an oiled tray with baking paper and place in the oven for 30 minutes.
3. Blitz the gluten free bread in a blender with the fresh tarragon and salt and pepper until very fine. Place baking paper on a large tray along with the four salmon fillets (or use bake-o-glide which we love). Cover fillets with a large spoonful (or two) with the breadcrumb mixture and drizzle with olive oil.
4. Place salmon in the oven for approximately 15-20 minutes. While the salmon and sweet potatoes are cooking, either turn on the steam oven at 100% steam, (or fill a pan with water to put on the boil for the broccoli. Steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, then remove and spread out on a baking tray. Sprinkle with the remaining breadcrumbs and some parmesan and then pop in the oven for the final 5 minutes.
5. Once cooked through and browned remove the salmon fillets, sweet potatoes and broccoli from the ovens and serve with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
Images: Humphrey Munson