Sometimes the best recipes come about when you’ve got a few odds and ends in the fridge and you need to make something delicious and fast too! We made this super fast quick and easy chicken biryani using ingredients in the fridge and the pantry.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- A good glug of olive oil
- 2 cooked chicken breasts
- Two handfuls of cherry tomatoes
- 250g pre-cooked rice (we love this wholegrain rice from M&S)
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. tumeric
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 8 whole cardamon pods
- 1 tsp. chilli flakes
- A small bunch of chives
- A small handful of coriander
M E T H O D
- Place a deep pan (like a le creuset casserole dish) over a medium heat and add a good glug of olive oil.
- Roughly chop the cooked chicken and add to the pan, let them cook through and brown a little.
- Add all the spices and coat the chicken pieces – leave for a good minute and stir occasionally.
- Add the tomatoes – we left them whole but you can cut up if you prefer.
- Add the cooked rice and then a small cup of boiling water.
- Leave to simmer with the lid on.
- Once the liquid has absorbed in, stir in the fresh chives and coriander and season with salt and pepper.
Start to finish took us 15 minutes so super fast and it tasted absolutely fantastic.