We made these spicy cajun wedges using the Miele convection steam oven which is the XXL combination steam oven with mains water and drain connection for steam cooking, baking, roasting with wireless food probe + menu cooking. We love this oven it is so smart!
I N G R E D I E N T S
6 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into wedges
Cajun seasoning: 3 teaspoons paprika, 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 2 teaspoons sea salt, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, 1 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1 teaspoon ground white pepper, 1 teaspoon onion powder, 1 teaspoon dried oregano, 1 teaspoon dried thyme.
Garlic mayonnaise: 3 tablespoons Hellman’s mayonnaise, 1 clove of garlic, handful of parsley, chopped
M E T H O D
1. Set the Miele steam oven to the steam setting at 100%. Place the chopped potato wedges on a perforated tray and steam for 12 minutes. We chose to use the perforated tray so the potato starch water would drain away easily.
2. Once the steam period has been completed, remove the wedges from the oven and transfer them to a normal tray.
3. Change the Miele oven to convection fan setting, 180°C.
4. Drizzle the potato wedges with olive oil and shake gently to coat. Next, sprinkle with the Cajun seasoning (you may have some leftovers which can be kept in a sealed container for next time).
5. Place the tray in the oven and cook for 25 minutes until brown and crispy.
6. For the mayonnaise, take a single garlic clove and rub it around a small bowl. If you don’t want your hands to smell of garlic, use a layer of cling film or gloves to create a barrier. Next, add the mayonnaise and the parsley. By only rubbing the bowl with the garlic, the mayonnaise takes on a garlic flavour but it’s not overpowering.
7. Once the wedges are ready, serve with the mayo! So simple and so delicious.