This flaked almond pear crumble is a delicious dessert that’s perfect all year around. The combination of sweet, juicy pears with the crunchy, nutty crumble topping is simply irresistible. It’s also a great way to use up any overripe pears you may have lying around. This recipe serves 6 people, but it can easily be adjusted to serve more or fewer. By using gluten free flour and plant butter, this is entirely gluten free and suitable for vegans or those with a dairy allergy / intolerance. We found this was sweet enough with the quantity of sugar, but if you have a very sweet tooth, you could increase this to suit.
Enjoy this crumble with a cream, ice-cream or custard.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 6 ripe pears, peeled and sliced into quarters
- 75g unsalted plant butter, softened
- 50g caster sugar
- 75g Doves GF plain flour
- 75g rolled oats
- 50g flaked almonds
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
M E T H O D
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan.
2. In a large bowl, combine the softened butter, flour, rolled oats, flaked almonds, 1/2 the sugar quantity (25g) and a pinch of salt to the bowl and mix with your hands until the ingredients are combined and crumbly.
5. Spread the sliced pears evenly in a baking dish and sprinkle the crumble mixture on top, covering the pears completely. Top with a few additional flaked almonds.
6. Bake the crumble in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes or until the crumble is golden brown and the pears are soft and juicy.
7. Remove the crumble from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes before serving.
8. Serve the flaked almond pear crumble hot with either cream, ice-cream or custard. Save leftovers to enjoy with a cup of tea the next day – so delicious.