I N G R E D I E N T S
200g chorizo, sliced
200g asparagus, trimmed and chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 onion, finely chopped
250ml double cream
50g parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
Handful of basil
M E T H O D
1. Cook the gnocchi according to the package instructions and set aside.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add the chorizo, onion, and garlic, and cook until the chorizo is crispy and the onion is soft.
3. Add the chopped asparagus to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes, until tender.
4. Pour the double cream into the pan and bring to a simmer.
5. Add the grated parmesan cheese and stir until it has melted and combined with the cream.
6. Season the sauce with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Add the cooked gnocchi to the pan and stir until it is coated with the creamy sauce.
8. Cook the gnocchi in the sauce for 1-2 minutes until heated through.
9. Serve the creamy chorizo and asparagus gnocchi hot and garnish with extra grated parmesan cheese and chopped fresh basil.