Right now there’s few better afternoon joys than a homemade biscuit with a cup of tea whether you are in the office or taking time out at home with a magazine. If you are gluten and/ or dairy free however biscuit choices can be harder to come by, however this super easy recipe oat cookie recipe is both gluten and dairy free – so it’s a win win all round. These are chewy, crispy, melt in the mouth deliciousness and take less than 20 minutes to prepare and bake!
For this particular recipe we use the Miele 7860 VitroLine oven in the Longford kitchen at our Felsted showroom due to its uncompromising precision and ability to bake everything perfectly.
I N G R E D I E N T S
85g dairy free margarine, such as Flora
75g white sugar
75g light brown sugar
2.5 ml vanilla essence
75g gluten free flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
A pinch of salt
M E T H O D
1. Set Miele intensive bake function at 180°C or use 180°C fan in normal oven.
2. Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together the spread, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Next beat in the egg and vanilla essence until fluffy. Then fold together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and gradually beat into the spread mixture. Finally, stir in the oats and sultanas.
3. Use a teaspoon to drop the mixture onto un-greased non-stick cookie sheets.
4. Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. If you like them crispy, leave them in a few minutes longer. If you like them a lighter colour, take them out sooner.
5. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.