Right now there’s few better afternoon joys than a homemade biscuit with a cup of tea whether you are in the office or taking time out at home with a magazine. If you are gluten and/ or dairy free however biscuit choices can be harder to come by, however this super easy recipe oat cookie recipe is both gluten and dairy free – so it’s a win win all round. These are chewy, crispy, melt in the mouth deliciousness and take less than 20 minutes to prepare and bake!
For this particular recipe we use the Miele 7860 VitroLine oven in the Longford kitchen at our Felsted showroom due to its uncompromising precision and ability to bake everything perfectly.
I N G R E D I E N T S
- 85g dairy free margarine, such as Flora
- 75g white sugar
- 75g light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2.5 ml vanilla essence
- 75g gluten free flour
- 1/2tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 110g oats
- 75g sultanas
M E T H O D
- Set Miele intensive bake function @ 180C or use 180C fan in normal oven.
- Using a stand or hand mixer, cream together the spread, white sugar and brown sugar until smooth. Next beat in the egg and vanilla essence until fluffy. Then fold together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt and gradually beat into the spread mixture. Finally, stir in the oats and sultanas.
- Use a teaspoon to drop the mixture onto un-greased non-stick cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown. If you like them crispy, leave them in a few minutes longer. If you like them a lighter colour, take them out sooner.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.