A tart, refreshing cocktail laced with tequila and paired with citrus and a simple rhubarb syrup makes for an exquisite summer taste sensation.
Inspired by the warmer weather and seasonal produce, this recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser.
I N G R E D I E N T S
2 parts Tequila
1 part freshly squeezed grapefruit juice
1 part rhubarb simple syrup
1 part fresh lime juice
3 parts sparkling water
Garnish with fresh lime wheels, rhubarb ribbons and pink Himalayan sea salt.
For the Rhubarb Simple Syrup:
2 cups of water
1 cup of sugar
3 stalks of rhubarb cut into small pieces, or peeled into ribbons – whichever takes your fancy!
M E T H O D
1. For the sugar syrup: Bring water, sugar and rhubarb to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes then remove from heat.
2. Pour syrup through a strainer. Chill for as long as you need – we chill until just cool.
For the Rhubarb Paloma:
1. Garnish glass rims with salt.
2. Pour tequila, freshly squeezed grapefruit juice, rhubarb simple syrup and lime juice over ice.
3. Top up with Club Soda and garnish with lime wheels and fresh rhubarb.