Like so many of the recipes we share on the H|M blog, this one can be adapted to whatever you have in the fridge and great for using up leftover veggies about to expire. Often we find these are the most delicious lunches! We had a big bunch of cavolo nero in the fridge and some sausage meat so we created this dish in just a few minutes using what we had in the pantry.
There isn’t a recipe as such for this but the notes are below:
- We fried off the sausage meat in a non-stick pan – no oil required – and as soon as the bits started to brown we added some ground fennel seeds – around 2 tbsp so it was nice and strong.
- Next we added some garlic and the sliced cavolo nero and stirred in well over a medium heat – you don’t want the garlic to burn.
- While this was going on we cooked the gnocchi in a pan of boiling water until they rose to the top, and as they did we spooned them into sausage mix pan with a slotted spoon.
- Once all the gnocchi was added, we seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked out for 1-2 minutes to let the gnocchi catch a little and brown in places.
- We added fresh parsley and lots of parmesan to serve (add crushed chilli flakes for a kick if needed!)
All in all, this took around 10-12 minutes to prepare so this would be a great option for a mid-week meal if you’re running behind.
We’ve done versions of this before with pancetta and broccolini / spinach – it is so quick and delicious. Enjoy!
Images: Humphrey Munson