A decadently indulgent gluten free dessert that is easy to prepare and will always impress your guests.
We love this rich dark chocolate cake, and by rich we mean RICH. Enjoy warm or wait for it to set, it’s your choice but we find serving it warm with vanilla ice cream or fresh cream is always a winner for us.
I N G R E D I E N T S
300g 70% dark chocolate
275g caster sugar
165g unsalted butter
Pinch sea salt
5 Large eggs
1 tablespoon ground almonds
M E T H O D
1. Line a 7-8 inch removable base cake tin with baking paper and turn oven on at 170°c conventional heat to heat whilst you make the mixture.
2. Butter and dust the cake tin with ground almonds.
3. Melt the chocolate, caster sugar, butter and sea salt in a heat proof bowl over a pan of simmering water and stir until melted. Then set aside to cool slightly.
4. Whisk the eggs with the ground almonds in a separate bowl until they begin to go light and fluffy and then fold into the chocolate mixture.
5. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin and bake for 30-40 minutes in the centre of the oven.
6. Don’t worry if the centre looks a little wobbly when you remove from the oven as it will set as it cools down.
7. Allow to cool completely before placing on a serving plate or cake stand. Dust with icing sugar and serve with cream, ice cream, strawberries or raspberries.
Serve thin slices as it is very rich!